- Found 55 News
- Showing page 4 of 6
15th Annual Conference
The 15th Annual Conference “Positioning and Branding for the Future” was held on 11 and 12 May 2015 at BMICH Colombo. We had 460 participants and the response was that we should have more events of this nature in the future as well. The father of Branding & Positioning, Prof. Al Ries and his daughter Laura, were the keynote speakers at the event. Branding is the crux of marketing and market share capitalization; hence the topic was well received by the participants. The event had some prominent corporate figures as the panelists.
Top marketing professionals to attend 15th CIM Annual Conference
A long awaited event in every marketer’s calendar, the 15th CIM Annual Conference will be held at the BMICH on 11 and 12 May. The CIM Annual Conference is the flagship event of the CIM Sri Lanka region. “We place great emphasis on continual progress development through our programs. The conference is an opportunity for Sri Lanka’s top marketers to meet and exchange ideas, but it is also a forum to discuss the latest marketing trends,” said Annual Conference Chair and Vice Chairman of CIM Sri Lanka Brian Selvanayagam. Read more.
Alethea International School
A career guidance session was organised for OL/AL students on 18 March 2015. The topic was Marketing as a career which was delivered by Mr. Nadeen Kumarasinghe – General Manager at AIA-Knowledge factory. 65 students attended.
World renowned branding guru Al Ries at CIM Annual Conference
World renowned branding guru and positioning expert Al Ries will be the keynote speaker at the 15th CIM Annual Conference in Colombo on 12 May. Al Ries will be joined with daughter and business partner, Laura Ries along with a stellar cast of local experts at the conference. Read more.
Branding Guru Al Ries At CIM Annual Conference
The Sunday Leader
World renowned branding guru and positioning expert Al Ries will be the keynote speaker at the 15th CIM Annual Conference in Colombo on May 12, 2015. Al Ries will be joined with his daughter and business partner, Laura Ries along with a stellar cast of local experts at the conference. Read more.
During the year, CIM Sri Lanka hosted three “Talking Point “series. These programmes provided an opportunity for members and non- members to participate in discussions on various topics of contemporary interest.
These programmes were well designed for executives at all levels in order to add value to their professional growth, enhance their leadership skills and to help them gain knowledge in related areas.
1. Talent Challenges for Leaders on the 26 November 2014 at Hilton-Colombo.
There were 92 attendees and they were really happy with the programme. Dr. Ajantha Dharmasiri delivered the key note. It was an ideal topic for most of the corporate leaders and junior managers. Insights were shared on developing skills, leadership skills, talent and knowledge; hence, the participants can apply knowledge they gained at the program at their workplace.
2. Planning and Forecasting for Business Success on the 06 February 2015 at the Kingsbury-Colombo.
There were 84 attendees and the feedback was good. The topic was ideal as the country was going through a transition and the topic was relevant to marketing, as marketers you have to plan and forecast to achieve organizational goals and objectives. Planning and Forecasting are two crucial parts in any business to see where the organization is heading. If the organization is not on the right track it will not sustain in the competitive market. Mr. Amal Sanderatne, CEO of Frontier Research was the Keynote speaker and shared insights to initiate planning and forecasting in any business. Other speakers were Mr. Shaheen Carder, Managing Director Neilson Company Lanka, Mr.Imal Fonseka, CEO of Ceylon Biscuits Ltd and Mr. Dileep Mudadeniya,Vice President -Brand Marketing John Keells Hotels.
3. Insights to Marketing in the Future was held on 16 March 2015 at Hilton Colombo Residences.
There were a high number of attendees for this event (147) and they were really happy with the knowledge they gained at the event. How marketing is going to evolve in the future and how well the marketer should adapt for the change was discussed.Mr.Chris Price was the speaker. He is a highly experienced international education professional with over 20 years of experience in internationalization, marketing and recruitment in Higher and Further Education.
Harsha on dealing with discrepancy and building an equitable social market economy
CIM Sri Lanka team
Policy Planning and Economic Development Deputy Minister Dr. Harsha de Silva last week addressed a top group of marketers at the CEOs Forum organised by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Sri Lanka. Read more.
Harsha responds to marketers questions
Following are excerpts of the Question and Answer session with Policy Planning and Economic Development Deputy Minister Dr. Harsha de Silva at the CEOs Forum organised by CIM Sri Lanka. Read more.
Lyceum International School
We participated at the annual career and higher educational day of the Nugegoda branch which was held on 19 February 2015.
CEO's Breakfast Forums
CEO’s Breakfast Forums are targeted at the decision makers of organizations to add value to their strategic thinking and decision making process. During the year under review, CIM Sri Lanka hosted three Breakfast forums to meet this objective:
1. Sri Lanka-Vision 15/20,Opportunities and Challenges on 19 February 2015 at Hilton Colombo Residences. It was well accepted by all attendees .We had 80 top decision makers in the public and private organizations at this event. It was a timely CEO’s forum as Sri Lanka was in a transition period when the new government took office and the top CEO’s and Managing Directors were waiting eagerly to see the policies of the new government.Dr.Harsha De Silva a prominent Economist discussed about the new possibilities and changes. The event was well attended by the top CEO’s in the country.
2. Mr Matthew Neilson, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of CIM UK was the Keynote speaker at the 2nd Breakfast forum held on the 15 August 2015 at Hilton Colombo Residences and had 103 participants and they were really happy with the insights.
3. Prof. Al Ries and Laura Ries spoke on “Positioning and Branding” on 11 May 2015 at Hilton Colombo Residences. Prof Al Ries mentioned how local enterprises should try to create their own brands to win the world market.